Well, I am a few days late, but, what the heck. In an attempt to share more about myself and the goings on in my life on my blog, I thought I would share my 11 goals I’ve set for myself in 2011. Some are more business oriented and some more personal…why not mix it up a bit since it’s ultimately coming from the same place…me! Here goes:
1. Go on a Hot Air Balloon Ride. Yep. Thought I’d start off with something fun! It’s something I’ve always wanted to do. My kids are at a great age to do something fun and adventurous like this–so, let’s make this the year! I am thinking about surprising my husband for his bday–I should be safe to say that on here since he pretty much never reads my blog! I’ll post pics when this happens…promise!
2. New Website/Blog update. I am soooooo tired of my website. I’ve actually thought about getting rid of it completely and just going strictly to a blog, but, I still think it’s important to have a website–just a more updated one. I am itching to get at it, change it, refine it and make it a bit more me! And the blog…well, it’s just time to give it a little lift. Be on the look out for some exciting, beautiful changes come February.
3. Give more. Yes, I know this sounds cliche, but it’s true. I love doing for and giving to others. It fills my heart in a very special way. I actually got to do a little of that this Christmas season, and it was so awesome. It was great to take the focus off of myself and my problems and put it on someone else for a little while. This is def. something I want to do more of this year!
4. Entertain more. Entertaining is something I LOVE to do– setting the table, creating ipod playlists, making yummy foods and great conversation–I love it all! Business and life have not allowed for a lot of that the past few years, but, I am going to make a very strong effort to change that. I am hoping to have some sort of dinner guests or gathering at my house once a month this year. Maybe I should post pics each time I do this…
5. Go Bull Riding (on a fake full of course). I know it sounds crazy, but it’s something I’ve always wanted to do. I may have to go hang with my relatives in Texas to accomplish this goal. I may…or may not post pics of this one.
6. Get Family Photos. Confession: I’ve gotten a little misty many times over pics I am editing because I do not have that with my own family. It’s true. And, I am a bit picky. So come this summer we will be traveling to a photographer I admire to get some stellar family photos. In the pic in the post below of my kids jumping on the bed, you can see a big empty spot over my bed. It’s just waiting patiently for a fantastic shot of me and my husband–can’t wait to put a huge canvas there.
7. Go on a reeeeeeaaaaallllly nice vacation. Don’t get me wrong. We’ve gone on some nice vacations the past few years. The beach is amazing. But I am wanting a step or two up. Oh, and NO cell phones or computers allowed. We are working on planning something now…I’ll share later.
8. Lose weight. I couldn’t post about new years resolutions without this one right?? Spending hours upon hours behind my computer has not been kind to my body. As of yesterday “Operation lose my muffin top” is underway.
9. Shoot my mind’s eye. I have sooo many ideas swimming around in my head…some a bit more artsy and crazy. I want express who I am as a photographer more. I want to make these ideas come to life and capture them. Just the thought makes my heart go pitter patter!
10. Organize my photos. This sounds so silly and trite, I know. But, I spend so much time helping other with photographs and keeping other’s photographs organized and safe, that mine are a mess–both digitally and print wise. Last month I purchased some canvases of my own kids–you can see them if you scroll down a bit–and this was the first step in this. Looking forward to getting my digitals and prints organized this year!
11. Obtain Balance. This will probably be on my list next year too…as well as the next. I do have a bit of a problem with balance–I think it is the artist in me, really I do. It’s funny how the same trait that makes me good a what I do, can make me so scattered and unbalanced too! I am really going to try to carve out more time for myself–time to relax, have fun, excercise–shop in stores instead of online…you get the idea.
So there you have it my friends. My goals for 2011. Can’t wait to get started!!